Forward-Looking Statements and Risks
This website contains forward-looking statements with respect to expected financial performance, strategy and business conditions. The words “believe,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “plan,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “project,” “will,” “would,” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. These statements reflect management's current beliefs with respect to future events and are based on information currently available to management. Forward-looking statements involve significant known and unknown risk and uncertainties. Many factors could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors which may cause such differences include, but are not limited to those set out below and those set out in detail in the “Risk Factors” section of the Company’s Annual Information Form:
- Economic conditions, especially as they relate to commercial and consumer credit conditions and business spending, particularly in regions where our operations may be concentrated.
- Commercial real estate property values, vacancy rates and general conditions of financial liquidity for real estate transactions.
- Trends in pricing and risk assumption for commercial real estate services.
- The effect of significant movements in average cap rates across different property types.
- A reduction by companies in their reliance on outsourcing for their commercial real estate needs, which would affect our revenues and operating performance.
- Competition in the markets served by the Company.
- The ability to attract new clients and to retain major clients and renew related contracts.
- The ability to retain and incentivize producers.
- Increases in wage and benefit costs.
- The effects of changes in interest rates on our cost of borrowing.
- Unexpected increases in operating costs, such as insurance, workers’ compensation and health care.
- Changes in the frequency or severity of insurance incidents relative to our historical experience.
- The effects of changes in foreign exchange rates in relation to the US dollar on the Company’s Canadian dollar, Australian dollar, UK pound and Euro denominated revenues and expenses.
- Our ability to identify and make acquisitions at reasonable prices and successfully integrate acquired operations.
- The ability to execute on, and adapt to, information technology strategies and trends.
- The ability to comply with laws and regulations related to our global operations, including real estate licensure, labour and employment laws and regulations, as well as the anti-corruption laws and trade sanctions.
- Political conditions, including political instability, elections, referenda, trade policy changes, immigration policy changes and any outbreak or escalation of hostilities or terrorism and the impact thereof on our business.
- Changes in government laws and policies at the federal, state/provincial or local level that may adversely impact our businesses.
We caution that the foregoing list is not exhaustive of all possible factors, as other factors could adversely affect our results, performance or achievements. The reader is cautioned against undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Although we believe that the assumptions underlying our forward-looking statements are reasonable, any of the assumptions could prove inaccurate and, therefore, there can be no assurance that the results contemplated in such forward-looking statements will be realized. The inclusion of such forward-looking statements should not be regarded as a representation by the Company or any other person that the future events, plans or expectations contemplated by the Company will be achieved. We note that past performance in operations and share price are not necessarily predictive of future performance. We disclaim any intention and assume no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement even if new information becomes available, as a result of future events or for any other reason.